Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
One of Chicago’s coolest and most underrated trading firms specializing in automated algorithmic trading is in need of a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer and are hoping to make a hire soon. Capitalizing on the “fintech” craze, this company puts trading directly in the hands of its clients by offering customized, next-level platforms that make it fast and easy while successfully managing risk. Interested in trade/finance but not getting lost in the crowd of a huge firm? This position may be right for you.
You will be responsible for architecting and managing scalable AWS cloud environments, identifying areas in need of automation to make day-to-day operations more streamlined and efficient, and managing and maintaining globally-deployed datacenters.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 2-3 years' experience in a cloud-focused Infrastructure, DevOps or build and release role
- Familiarity with object-oriented scripting – Python and PowerShell (Ruby and Perl a plus)
- Familiarity with networking concepts (VPN, Multicast, Routing Protocols)
- Understanding of continuous integration development (Git, Jenkins, Chef)
- Proficiency with CentOS Linux and Windows Server (2003, 2008, and 2012)
- Working knowledge of the following: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, UDP, LDAP, SSH
Desired Skills & Experience
- AWS Architect certification
- Previous trading or finance experience
- Familiarily working in high-availability, low-latency systems
Benefits & Perks
- Full medical/dental/vision coverage (with an FSA) and competitive compensation, of course
- Relaxed work environment – wear whatever you want to work!
- Reimbursement for education and training
- 401k with optional percent match
- 22 days PTO to start with