Lead DevOps Engineer (Docker + k8s), Reporting to CTO
This established 70-person startup has developed a software platform that allows consumers to compare and contrast prices in order to improve their buying power. The newly-gathered executive team is made up of some heavy-hitters in the Boston startup scene, from the likes of Where, Drizzly, RueLaLa, and is preparing for a massive launch and unprecedented growth. The CTO is looking for a Lead Engineer to take over the DevOps responsibilities as he focuses on high-level strategy. In this role, you will be working hands-on with some of the latest containerization and orchestration tools like Kubernetes, evangelizing a DevOps culture, and interfacing with the San Francisco-based Ops team.
Required Skills & Experience
- Extensive work in a cloud-based Linux Environment, especially with AWS
- Professional experience with containerization through Docker
- Strong scripting and automation skills with Bash and Python
- Configuration management experience, preferably with Ansible
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of modern orchestration best practices
- Previous experience in a startup environment
- History of leading by example
Benefits & Perks
This is your opportunity to be the go-to DevOps resource in an established startup and get in on the ground floor before they take off. Competitive compensation package includes equity.