A company located in Cambridge is looking for a Network Engineer who possesses a solid understanding of networking technologies, excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment to join their team as a Network Engineer. Your diverse technical skill set should be complimented by a team-first attitude and excellent interpersonal skills, and you should be willing to rack and cable equipment, and available to participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation. You must be an organized self-starter capable of delivering assigned projects and tasks on time with minimal supervision.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5 years of profession experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- 3+ years’ experience managing and troubleshooting Cisco and/or Juniper routers and switches.
- 2+ years’ experience managing basic network security devices (e.g. firewalls, VPN concentrators). Juniper firewall/VPN experience highly preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience utilizing advanced network troubleshooting tools (Netscout, Fluke, etc.)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience interfacing with Network Monitoring systems and Linux command line tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong background in Ethernet networking technologies (including VLSANs, VLAN aggregation, 802.1q, Spanning Tree, LACP, PAgP) and network security concepts.
- Understanding of end-to-end data flows and traffic patterns.
- Excellent understanding on Internet technologies (e.g. HTTP, DNS, SMTP).
- Advanced knowledge of client-based networking with systems running Windows, Mac OSX, or Linux,
- Ability to install and configure equipment, including ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Benefits
- Medical and Dental