A FinTech startup located in Downtown San Jose is looking to add a full time DevOps Engineer to their growing tech group. This is their first DevOps hire, so they are looking for a talent engineer to help guide on best practices and streamline their DevOps environment. While working with a large development group, this position will also be a leader in the decision of technology implementation within the company in order to deliver a highly scalable solutions.
This is a role with a heavy focus on technical ability, so the ideal candidate will have experience across a large number disciplines. Currently their tech stack is a mixed bag, but they would be looking for someone with experience with Ansible and AWS as well as the ability to script using Python, Bash or Ruby. You will be wear multiple hats and taking on a number of challenging projects.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years in a DevOps role, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Experience in fully cloud-based infrastructure ideally with AWS
- Ability to wear multiple hats as well as be a project leaders on a number of initiatives
Desired Skills & Experience
- Exposure to security best practices including PCI compliance
- Strong communication both written and oral
- Ability to lead cross functional teams including operations and development
Benefits & Perks
- 3 Weeks of paid vacation
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Growth potential into a department lead
- Working with new technology and brand new projects