Senior DevOps Engineer (Cloud and Technology Infrastructure)
This role with a company in Los Gatos that is the creator of a popular streaming platform for delivering entertainment to the TV. With over 10 million players sold across countries, over 2000 streaming channels and more than 5 billion hours watched over the platform, building a high scale dynamic billing platform supporting fast international growth is a core element of our success.
The Cloud and Technology team that needs the Senior DevOps Engineer works across all the development team, providing tools, processes and automation that unifies and make Roku more efficient. We look at how the teams can standardize on operational tools and processes, and we will research open source tools or if needed we will write the tools or contribute to open source implementations. We are crazy about automation and perfecting the way we operate.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with production environments and deployment in live environments
- Confident in deploying Java and Nodejs code -- if you can code that's a plus
- Expertise in Bash or Python or similar scripting language
- Proficient in Jenkins, Gitlab and build automation
- Experience with creating dashboards and query at least one of Datadog, New Relic, Splunk or similar
- Expertise in automation and solid understands and have passion for load testing, experimentation, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following: Vagrant, Docker, Puppet, Chef, or Salt
- Hands on experience with at least two of the following Amazon Web Services: CloudFormation, AutoScaling, ELB, EC2, S3, RDS, Beanstalk and ECS.
Desired Skills & Experience
- You may have a background as a software engineer who have dealt with operational issues, an operational engineer who have written code to solve specific issues, or have a background in a DevOps role
- You like to architect, design and implement automation of contiguous delivery system working across the organization and teams
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of developers, QA and operations to accomplish objectives of consistent strategy for automation across teams
- You are self-driven, willing and able to take complete ownership of initiatives and make pragmatic technical decisions. You are constantly looking for ways to improve and automate your efforts
- You are also a driver of initiatives to streamline development, deployment, security, standardize on tools, and improve documentation quality, and can present and drive roadmaps for process improvement across teams
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, stock options, Medical/Dental/Vision and 401K benefits