Senior DevOps Engineer (Tools and Containerization)
Actively hiring in San Mateo for a fulltime software focused DevOps engineer to join a startup group within an established company in the smart automotive space. You would be working with a sharp group of engineers working on building out the orchestration layer on top of their Cloud Foundry platform as well as optimizing Docker containers and reducing bottlenecks. The ideal candidate should have experience with Ruby, Python or GO as well as a solid understanding of databases (PostgreSQL or NoSQL). If you’re interested in joining a small team working on the newest technology, apply now!
Required Skills & Experience
- 5 years or more experience within Software, DevOps, or Tools engineering environments.
- Strong programming and automation (Python, Ruby, or Go preferred).
- Working knowledge of Docker and Container optimization.
- Experience with Monitoring (NewRelic is a plus)
- Ability and interest in learning new technology quickly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- B.S. in Computer science or related field.
- Database exposure with PostgreSQL or Cassandra at scale.
- Cloud Foundry experience is a plus (BOSH).
- VMware or other virtualization knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with Systems Architecture.
- Startup Experience.
Benefits & Perks
- Highly competitive Salary.
- Downtown location close to Caltrain.
- Great Medical benefits.
- Very flexible hours and work from home.
- Stock Options.