Senior Big Data Engineer
One of Los Angeles’ premier ad-techs companies is seeking a Big Data Developer for their team! Proud to have been listed as the second fastest growing advertising technology companies in North America, we are the only software platform that connects brands to their potential buyers who arrive to their websites. Various brands will reach out to us to set up real-time, invitation-only exchanges where advertisers can target and bid on in-market website visitors as they shop.
You will be part of a close-knit Hadoop Administration team responsible for integrating big data technologies to support massive scalability, reliability, and performance as well as work closely with product management to manage full software lifecycle in an agile environment. This role will give you the opportunity to work right alongside the Director of Data Sciences as well as mentor Junior Developers!
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with Hadoop Ecosystem/MapReduce as well as Big Data technologies including Spark, Druid, Kafka, Storm, Hive, HBase, Oozie, Zookeeper, and NoSQL frameworks
- Hands-on experience with server side caching (Redis) and Amazon Web Services or equivalent cloud service and data processing frameworks like Apache Nifi
- Minimum 7 years of overall industry experience with data processing and data warehousing
- Programming in at least 2 of the following programming languages: Java, Python, Scala, C/C++ in a Linux/Unix environment
- Strong understanding of Machine Learning libraries and implementing algorithms is a plus
Benefits & Perks
This position offers free Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, stock options, 401K program, an unbeatable location in the South Bay, and many more!