If you’ve been looking for an opportunity to work with a newly-formed DevOps team that wants to innovate quickly and build new tools rather than maintain current structures, look no further. An enterprise SaaS company located in downtown Chicago is looking to make their first full-time DevOps/Cloud hire and bring on someone to build out and automate their "infrastructure as code" pipeline. They can pay up to $150k for the right engineer and are more than willing to invest in forward-thinkers with the desire to build something from the ground up.
As a DevOps/Cloud engineer, you’ll be responsible for helping them automate application development and virtualization in their private cloud. They use Chef and want someone with heavy Chef experience - writing cookbooks, automation, etc. Scripting with Bash, Ruby or even Python is key and CI/CD with Jenkins or a similar tool will be necessary.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 3+ years’ experience in a Cloud/DevOps role; 5+ years overall IT experience in both Linux and Windows environments
- Must be proficient with public clouds and cloud technologies such as Amazon AWS/EC2, Microsoft Azure and OpenStack – build, automation and maintenance skills all required
- Extensive experience Scripting with PowerShell, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc. required
- Automation using standard technologies such as Salt, Puppet, OpsWorks and especially Chef is necessary
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration/Deployment tools like Jenkins/Maven/Hudson a must
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management (e.g. security, privacy) a big plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science strongly preferred; related and equivalent experience OK
- Background in software development is ideal
Benefits & Perks
- 401k with up to a 4% match available
- Paid maternity & paternity leave for new parents
- Competitive compensation
- Employee-only high-deductible plan is 100% employer covered!
- Employee stock option plan (ESOP) available