A startup in the loop downtown is looking for a Data Engineer to join their growing Data Engineering team. This candidate will be responsible for helping empower this company with data and help them in making data-driven decisions. This team is working on a building out and scaling their data platform that integrates with their transaction platform to be migrated/separated into their analytics and streaming platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a solid background in distributed applications, data streaming with Apache Spark and Kafka, and experience working in SQL and or NoSQL database environments. This role will be full life cycle including building/designing, engineering, and testing. They will be helping their analysts and engineers build and optimize data pipelines to understand their large and continually growing user base to make better, more data-driven decisions moving forward.
Required Skills & Experience
· multiple years’ experience working with large datasets with Apache Kafka and or streaming processing with Apache Spark or Apache Flink
· 4+ years’ of large-scale distributed infrastructures
· 4+ years’ experience development using Python and or Java
· Strong knowledge in Cloud Technologies including AWS and Google Cloud
· Expertise in Statistical Algorithms for data analysis
· Test-driven development experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (minimum)
Benefits & Perks
· Health, dental, vision, disability insurance
· 15 days PTO
· Up to 8 weeks maternity leave and 2 weeks paternity leave available