An up-and-coming Chicago-based finance technology company is looking for a Cloud expert to join their team and are willing to pay up to $140k for the right engineer. If you’re interested in the financial industry but not so much in the huge, corporate institutions Chicago is typically known for, this position may be right for you. You’ll have the opportunity to get into the early stages of one of the city’s fastest growing startups and help build out a team that will become your home away from home.
As a Cloud/Linux engineer, you will have a strong background as a Linux Admin (and not a developer) and be very comfortable supporting and building in Ubuntu and Debian environments. You will be proficient with cloud technologies, especially AWS, and be able to serve as a subject matter expert on all things cloud. Backend familiarity with Ruby/Java is a plus, and any scripting experience you have will be beneficial. Sound like you? You know what to do.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience working in depth with cloud platforms (mainly AWS) is required
- 5 years’ experience as a Linux Admin/Engineer
- Previous networking experience required (networking using AWS strongly preferred): DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, UDP, LDAP, SSH, etc.
- Working knowledge of Shell scripting; other languages OK
- Must understand networking concepts like VPN, routing protocols, CDN
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
- Any AWS certifications are a big plus but not required
- Security experience with Owasp and other compliance guidelines would be extremely beneficial
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits – 401K, medical, etc.
- Healthy Snacks and drinks available all day and subsidized daily lunches
- Paid training available – attend conferences and courses to increase your skill set
- Super flexible paid vacation policy
- Casual dress code and office environment (wear jeans to work!)