Senior Linux/Storage Engineer
A company providing the critical financial support infrastructure to under served communities around the U.S. is hiring for a Senior Systems/Storage Engineer to join its technology team during a very exciting time for the organization. This position will be responsible for building, provisioning, and enhancing a storage attached network. The position will also involve participating in all refresh cycles and carry out maintenance as well as code upgrades of all storage devices and associated software.
This company is an independent, not-for-profit corporation designated primarily by the FCC. Their model allows them to collect contributions from telecommunications carriers and utilizing those to provide and administer programs that provide service to those in more low income areas.
· 4+ years of Storage systems administration and support experience, preferably in a high availability environment
· 3+ years of zoning and carving in an EMC SAN or similar storage environment
· 1+ years professional experience in Server Virtualization with VMware or AWS platforms
· Cross-Platform background amongst multiple Operating Systems – Linux, Windows, MacOSX
· Any background with EMC Symmetrix, Clariion, and RecoverPoint would be a plus
· Any experience working with Isilon or FCoE would make a candidate stand out
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Related Degree would be ideal
· iSCSI LUNs or CIFS shares knowledge would be a bonus as would any experience working for a non-profit organization
· Solid Presentation & Communication Skills
The organization boasts one of the best benefits packages in all of the D.C. Metro area, including a 10% automatic contribution to your retirement plan, great healthcare coverage with limited $20 premium per month for family, 5+ weeks combined PTO, and flexible work culture. This is an ideal opportunity for someone to transition their career into one that offers more than a paycheck. It’s a unique role with a diverse set of technologies with a focus on impacting the real world and not just the bottom line.
Storage Engineer, Linux Systems Engineer, Windows, Cisco, NAS, AWS, Symmetrix, Clariion, RecoverPoint, FCoE, Isilon, iSCSI, LUNs, CIFS, firewalls, SharePoint, software development deployments, Citrix, patching, VmWare, virtualization, Avaya, EMC San, certifications, Red Hat, DevOps, Active Directory, Systems Engineer, non-profit, Washington, D.C., 20006, D.C. Metro